Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekend recap

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend, whether you made it a grand celebration or enjoyed a relaxing 3-day weekend.

Saturday we stayed home and I caught up on some much-needed yard work. I've shown my toad houses before and I'd seen evidence of life but did not see any toads in them. Saturday, while pulling weeds, I couldn't resist taking another peek! And there he was! Half buried in the dirt. Luckily, my new iPhone4 has a flash and that's how I was able to get this picture of the toad inside the house!












The last thing I did Saturday was plant some flowers in my deck planters. I picked out some purple and white petunias. Should've done it over Memorial Day weekend, but it's done and the deck looks much better!














Sunday we went to visit friends at their cabin on Rock Lake. Sun, food, swimming, and fishing. Sounds like a perfect summer day!

Today I worked on some orders to send out in the morning, sat on the deck and finished my book, did some laundry, made biscuits for the potluck at golf tomorrow.

Hope you have a great week!

Love,
CathyJayne

0 comments: